Sunday, January 30, 2005

Bloom where you are planted

I've finally given up on my plan. It's time to understand God's plan.

When you grow up in a country where opportunity is everywhere, and you're better than average (at least that's what my teachers told me), and you have confidence, skills, etc., then why wouldn't your plan work? I've had lots of plans. I've moved across the country numerous times, and I've always had a plan. I've changed jobs many times, and I've always had a plan.

I've worked in churches, led worship, run sound, etc, and have always had a plan.

This past year, my plan didn't work. I wanted to be doing God's work, my way. And that was the problem. Opportunities for ministry were all around me, but the opportunities I wanted were hard to find, or just impossible to find. So, I've given up on my plan.

God has a wonderful way of putting you in your place. Places that I felt were destined for me to minister have just been impossible to become a part of, and places that I thought were just wasting my time turned out to be the best opportunities to really minister.

So, I've given up on my plan, and am trying to follow God's plan or even just understand His plan for me.

How do I know if I'm on the right track? Well, fruit tends to be a good symbol of a healthy plant. And since God used that in His writings, it makes sense to me. So, if I see people coming to know God, and communing with Him as a result of my worship, then I'm doing God's plan for my life.

That happened today. Today I followed God's plan. Today is a good day.

God help me with tomorrow.....

Comments:
are you still around?

email me: mrtullfan@bellsouth.net. seems we are kind of cut from the same cloth.

(you posted a comment on my escroll.blogspot.com "rabbit trails" blog, and i just today read some of your posts...)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?