Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Restlessness

I continue to be amazed at what people write in their blogs. It's as if sharing their thoughts with the computer somehow is a satisfying substitute for a friendship. Yeah, I'm hurt. I find the whole blogging exercise a somewhat thin, vain attempt at bettering the world. It's actually just a use of technology so that everyone can say something, with no one paying attention. We would all be better served by just enjoying nature, or sitting still or something.

If you find blogging therapeutic for yourself, then blog. If you are doing it because you want people to 'see the light' or understand your viewpoint, then stop blogging.

Why do I do it? I thought I'd get some responses, some conversations with people, either anonymous or not, who would think intelligently about life. I've only received one comment, but haven't been able to strike up a conversation.

The two blogs I read are bizarre. One is an attempt to craft a message with a clever ending. The other is just nonsense most fo the time, written because of some bet or resolution to write it.

So, that's my take on blogs. I used to be interested in writing really interesting things, but I've decided that having interesting friends is, well, more interesting.

write back if you dare....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?